As many recuperate following surgery, many may be uncomfortable and need lots of emotional support and simple everyday tasks. We’re here to help with tailored care plans that allow you to receive the attentive care they need at an affordable price.
Whether recovering from simple outpatient surgery or coming home from the hospital after a more serious operation, Red Door Recovery has caregivers that can ease the recovery. Even when the body is healing, tasks still need to be carried on. Personal hygiene and quality nutrition still need to be maintained to assist a fuller recovery.
Our caregivers can assist with the following:
• Hourly assistance to around-the-clock care
• Coordination and scheduling with therapists and specialists
• Medication reminders for treatment and prevention
• Fall and injury prevention
• Change in condition alerts
• Transportation and scheduling of doctors’ appointments
• Assistance with bathing, dressing and personal care
• Housekeeping, meal preparation and nutrition
• Complimentary medical updates with your Doctors office
• Prescription drug pickups
• Assistance with daily activities
Enjoy one-on-one care in your own home
Whether planned or unexpected, surgery or hospitalization means that your body has gone through an experience that requires time to heal. We at Red Door Recovery can be part of your recovery team. We can smooth the transition from the operating room, rehab or outpatient surgery centers to ensure your recovery time is optimal.
Recovering from an illness can be a full-time job. Especially when your doctor tells you to get plenty of rest, but there are simply some things you can’t ignore. Life doesn’t always wait for you to recover fully, and if you happen to “overdo it,” your recovery may take longer than expected.
What’s the best way to recover?
Home care is a great prescription when recovering from an illness or surgery. Having a caregiver allows you to concentrate on regaining your health while your caregiver assists you to keep your life running efficiently. A caregiver can also help in the recovery process by creating healthy meals, timely medication reminders, and follow-up health appointments. If you or a loved one are recovering from an illness, you will recover faster when you follow your doctor’s recovery plan.
• Adapting the home environment for safety and independence
• Collaboration with speech, occupational and physical therapists
• Providing transportation for follow up medical appointments
• Personal care: grooming, personal hygiene, dressing
• Transfers, mobility, and fall reduction
• Meal planning and preparation
• Reminders for medication regime
• Enhanced social activity and companionship
• Light household tasks including laundry
We’ve got it covered for you
As professional and compassionate caregivers, you can trust your choice of Red Door Recovery to have all the bases covered, especially these, which are the answers to new clients’ most frequently asked questions:
• Background checks. Caregivers have undergone and passed a national background check.
• Relevant experience. Red Door Recovery has some caregivers with experience caring for people struggling with the same illness or condition affecting your loved one.
• Backup care. If the caregiver is sick or doesn’t work out, we can replace them quickly.
• Communication. We have open communication, provide status reports, and are available 24/7 if you have questions or concerns.
• Fast upgrades. If the care level or diagnosis changes, we can quickly provide a caregiver with more training. From CNA’s to RN’s.
Massages After Liposuction
Many patients who have had liposuction often worry about activities after their surgery. It is important to ensure the underlying layer of skin and connective tissue heals to maintain a flawless consistency and shape. Massages are touted as the best solution for smoothing out irregularities while ensuring consistent healing and skin appearance.
Why Have a Massage?
During the post-surgery period, natural scar tissue can build up in the treated areas. This tissue forms within the small tunnels created by the suction devices used to extricate excess fat cells, causing connective tissue and superficial fat to lump up and create uneven areas along the surface. This can cause dimples, dents, and lumpy or uneven areas to form along treated areas.
Scar tissue is normally a good thing, as it’s a good sign that your body is properly healing itself. However, lumps of permanent scar tissue can affect your skins appearance negatively. For post-operative liposuction patients, the appearance of such tissue underneath skin may make it seem like it defeats the whole purpose of liposuction treatment.
Smoothing down your skin before the underlying tissue hardens into permanent scar tissue is absolutely important. A vigorous massage routine can help reduce these surface irregularities by preventing scar tissue from forming. Massage can also help reduce skin edema. Many surgeons recommend that their patients perform self-massage on affected areas, including the torso, neck, and mid-face.